DMMMSU is a state university located in the beautiful coastal province of La Union in Northern Philippines. As you travel northward, the South China Sea beaches, which is part of the Lingayen Gulf, is accessible just a few minutes on your left. In some areas you can see the beautiful sceneries of the sea right inside your car.
Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University (DMMMSU), or DMMMSU to the locals, is one of the state universities in the Philippines, and it is also one of the deputized higher education institutions of the Philippine’s Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) to deliver the some of their programs through the Expanded Tertiary Education Accreditation Program (ETEEAP). They have three strategically located campuses. For more information about the university, you may visit their official website here. As for their ETEEAP, please read on as we have exciting features of their system that you will be delighted to know.
They have no dedicated page for their ETEEAP on their website, but with the permission of the administrator of the department, we are providing our visitors here a complete information.
Application Procedure Overview
For more details on how to prepare your requirements, please refer to these links:
– ETEEAP Manual
– Paano Mag-apply sa ETEEAP?
– Sino ang Pwede sa ETEEAP?
Overview of Programs under ETEEAP
I – Under the College of Education
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
– Social Studies
- Bachelor of Technical-Vocational Teacher Education
– Automotive Technology
– Beauty Care and Wellness
– Drafting Technology
– Electrical Technology
– Electronics Technology
– Food and Service Management
– Garments, Fashion and Design
- Bachelor of Technology and Livelihood Education
– Home Economics
– Industrial Arts
– Information and Communication Technology
II – Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (BSIT)
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Machine Shop Technology
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technology
- Drafting Technology
- Food Trades
III – Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (BSA)
- Animal Science
- Plant Protection (Plant Pathology)
- Crop Science (Horticulture, Agronomy)
Basic Qualification of the Candidate
- Candidates must posses a high school diploma of the PEPT placement equivalent to first year College.
- Candidates must have been employed for at least five (5) years in the industry related to the area of specialization being applied for in the program.
- Candidates must be at least 23 years old. They must present a birth certificate to support the claim.
- Candidates must be proficient in the area of specialization being applied for.
- Ability of a candidate to submit an accomplished ETEEAP Application Form. The ETEEAP application form is a package of information intended for the DMMMSU faculty and staff to determine whether the applicants is eligible or not for the the program.
DMMMSU ADMISSION PROCEDURE
A. PRELIMINARY PHASE
1) Applicant secures ETEEAP Application form from the ETEEAP Coordinator of DMMMSU-MLUC College
of Technology. Coordinator briefs and orients applicant/s.
2) Applicant submits duly accomplished ETEEAP Application with the following supporting documents (2
copies each; one original and one authenticated):
- Form I37-A/PEPT Equivalent/OTR
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Birth/ Court Order
- Certificate of Employment with Job Description. If self-employed, business permit.
- Barangay Clearance
- Proficieny Certificate issued by government regulatory board (i.e. pRC, TESDA, CaC) and/or Iicenced practitioner in the field.
- Seminars, Trainings and Certificates
- Soft & digital copy of ETEEAP Application
- 2×2 picture
- Curriculum Vitae (with job description every position)
3) ETEEAP Coordinator, in coordination with the College Dean pre-assesses the documents submitted.
4) If qualified, the applicant undergoes personality assessment (written and oral). If not qualified,
applicant is advised accordingly.
B. FORMAL EVALUATION
- Panel of Assessors convenes to conduct documentary assessment.
- Based on the evaluation of the Panel of Assessors, the Panel convenes to conduct skills and competency assessment.
2.1 Written test or validating oral examination.
2.2 Skills demonstration.
2.3 Worksite visitation.
- If the evaluation of the Panel of Experts is satisfactory, the candidate enrolls in the required ETEEAP Courses and instructions will be provided by the assigned professors.
- After completion of all requirements on enrolled courses, ETEEAP coordinator submits evaluation results of successful candidates to the Campus ETEEAP Advisory Board for endorsement to the University ETEEAP Advisory Board. Names of successful candidates will be included in the list of graduating students for deliberation in the University Academic Council meeting.
- DMMMSU awards the degree to successful candidates.
For more information you may contact the ETEEAP Implementation Personnel using the details below.
University International Linkages and ETEEAP:
Dr. Jesus Rafael B. Jarata
Prof. Ruchelle D. Flores
In-charge of the BS Industrial Technology (BSIT):
Dr. Jake Tyrone I. Somera
In-charge of the Education Department:
Dr. Vanessa Cayabyab
In-charge of the Agriculture Department:
Dr. Rosemarie O. Tattao